Wednesday, February 7, 2007

..:: in pursuit of happiness ::..

Previously, I used to think that I can only be happy when I was in love with that 'special someone'. But, after had gone through months of single hood, I am definitely wrong on those thoughts. I now know exactly that I can be happy by myself, doing my own things and making ME happy. Alhamdulillah.

List of things that make me happy... :-)

  • to know that I'm being monitored by the superior higher power which is Allah the almighty, 24/7, 365days/year.. 'til the end of my journey.
  • to wake up in the mornings and just glad to be alive so that I can do something useful for the day.
  • to have food, clothes, and a roof over my head.. just the basic necessities.
  • to be surrounded by wonderful people in my life who are my family and close friends which I truly love with all my heart.
  • to catch the rays of the morning sun when I'm off to work.
  • to be occupied with work which gives me satisfaction when I get to complete each tasks.
  • to be able to have conversations and share my thoughts with others.
  • to try and take good care of myself spiritually, emotionally and healthily.
  • to be able to write my thoughts in this blog.
  • and the list goes on...
I was trying to look for a good definition of happiness and I came accross this one (below) which I totally agree...
Finding happiness is like finding yourself. You don't find happiness, you make happiness. You choose happiness. Self-actualization is a process of discovering who you are, who you want to be and paving the way to happiness by doing what brings YOU the most meaning and contentment to your life over the long run. (This definition of happiness by David Leonhardt, The Happy Guy)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Insyaallah, kita dah berazam lepas baca buku buat catatan...habis baca buku jangan bersedih ni, kita share ngan awak...jangan bersedih....walaupun ia tak seindah yang dibayangkan tapi hidup ni terlalu singkat untuk diisi dengan kesedihan...gembira & ceria sokmo....hi..hi..

hhalim

LiNdA @ Da-Da said...

tq hhalim... i know i can always count on u... kita pun nak awak sentiasa ceria, k?

ubisetela said...

luv the post...
sometimes i forget to count the blessings the Almighty showers on me.

LiNdA @ Da-Da said...

thanks dear ubi! selagi bernama manusia, kadang kala kita alpa.. oleh itu berpesan-pesanlah sesama kita..
gosh, i still haven't had the time to read the postings in ur blog.. (quite a lot.. n interesting ones too..)
girl, by any chance are u coming down to KL? wud love to catch up with ya.. :-)

ubisetela said...

what about... we meet up on YOUR birthday?!
I'll reach KL tomorrow evening.